School Hours, Student Arrival / Departure Procedures
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
7:55 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday
Student Arrival / Departure Procedures
Children may arrive on campus no earlier than 7:15 a.m. for breakfast only and 7:30 a.m. for regular arrivals. Breakfast is served from 7:15-7:40 a.m. in the cafeteria.
Children may be on the playground no earlier than 7:30 a.m.
There is no supervision provided to students who arrive on campus for breakfast or while on the playground.
Arrival by Car
The school DROP OFF/PICK UP zone is in front of the office and the Q-Building parking lot.
No Parking, No Drop Off/Pick Up Areas:
- Staff parking lots at the back of the cafeteria
- Fire lane
- Coned off areas
- Red marked curbing areas
- 15 feet from crosswalks (at least one car length away)
- 4 feet from driveways
- 15 feet from corners (at least one car length away)
- 10 feet from a fire hydrant
Securing the Campus During School Hours
As part of the Department of Education’s security and safety policy, ALL VISITORS/PARENTS must report to the office to sign in for a school visitor pass.
After 8:00 a.m. parents/visitors must leave the campus promptly. Volunteers and scheduled visitors must report to the office to sign in for a school visitor pass.
Before 2:15 p.m. (1:30 p.m. on Wednesday), parents wishing to pick up children after school must remain in designated waiting areas. Waiting areas are:
- Jefferson Annex courtyard (old Orthopedic Unit office)
- Along the Library, in front of the Main Office, and in parking lots
To minimize classroom distractions and interruption to instruction, parents are asked not to “drop in” on their child’s classroom. A class may be in various locations on campus, taking a test, or in the middle of a teacher-directed lesson.
- Please stop at the office if there is anything that needs to be delivered to your child. The office will have the item(s) delivered for you.
- If you wish to visit your child’s class, please make prior arrangements with his/her teacher or through the office.
Early Dismissals/Student Pick Up Procedures During School Hours
To expedite the early release of students’ parents must send a note to the office regarding the time of departure.
- Calls for early release should be made at least an hour before departure to allow the teacher and child time to prepare for release.
- Parents arriving without notice should expect a 15-20 minute wait.
For safety reasons teachers are not allowed to release a child from the classroom without the official release form from the office. Parents will report to the office to sign for their child’s release form. Parents will then take the form to their child’s classroom to pick up their child after showing the release form to the teacher. Students will only be released to parent or guardian if prior arrangements have been made with the office.