Free and reduced-price meal applications for school year 2016 - 2017 are available online at EZMEALAPP.COM STARTING IN JULY. (Before July, Hawaii is not an option on the website)You do not have to submit a paper application if an online application is submitted.
Hints to help you with online application:
- Student must be enrolled in a DOE school (excludes charter schools) for an application to be processed.
- Enter the legal names and the correct birthdates (this information is used to match students).
- Non-DOE (charter, private or college) students should be listed in the household only.
- For each adult enter:
- Gross earnings (before taxes and deductions) and
- how often the amount entered is received (do not use hourly wages)
- If applicable, enter the total income of all Child Household Members in STEP 4. If child has no income, leave STEP 4 blank.
- The electronic signature must be that of an adult in the household
- If applying with Hawaii SNAP or TANF case number:
- Select SNAP or TANF in STEP 1 under Benefit Type and enter authorized case number and name of recipient
- After listing the students in STEP 2, the application will skip to STEP 5: Electronic Signature. Adult must sign.
- If error message "The Electronic Signature does not match what was entered..." appears, delete and retype the signature making sure that there are no extra blank spaces at the beginning and/or end of the first and last names.
- A confirmation number appears when the application is submitted. Write down this number for future reference.
- Once the application is processed (up to 10 working days), the school will send home a results letter with your student.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.